Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dream Job

My dream job would be one that is balanced with a substantial amount of support from the community and scholastic surroundings. It would be wonderfully easy if students already had an innate artistic ability and desire to go one step further than what was required. It would be lovely if there was a bountiful creativity that swarmed the hallways, classrooms and community of my school. I would like to have students that ask thought-provoking questions regarding larger, emotional, and ethical questions about our society in regard to their work. I would love to have the freedom to explore art in the most abstract sense-- to help students become aware of their feelings when looking at art rather than the correct use of the medium. I would love to step into a room and not have to go over cleanup directions, but realize that's probably impossible. My dream job would embody one that keeps me on my toes, and requires me to change my course of action without too much exuded energy. I feel tired and terribly worn out, and if I were envisioning my dream job, I wouldn't want to feel unenergized. I would hope to have the power to push on through with exuberance.

Mostly, if my dream job were available, I would like it to have room for me to be myself, and assist students in finding their voices while I practice mine. Where I could create alongside students and hope to make the community a better place-- while having extra, sporadic boosts of energy.... that'd be nice.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and I would also like to have the ability to bring my future dog to class. How wonderful would that be if there were no worries of allergies? I would also like to be able to continue my quest in doing many things at once- incorporating art with english and music and drama and dance and exercise. And I would also like to find time to exercise regularly on my own.... I haven't gotten to that point in my multi-tasking, yet.

    ReplyDelete