My dream job would be in a location that I loved, where I felt comfortable, safe and could be myself. It would include a faculty that strove to improve education while inviting new and innovative approaches to teaching. It would be lovely to be in an environment where the arts were as cherished as sports and core curriculum courses; where students supported one another by attending events, shows and concerts, and where faculty took pride and notice in the impact art has on other subjects.
Of course, I would love a hefty budget, but I would also like to explore making art through found objects and natural resources. Art is about finding beauty in unconventional spaces. As a community, I would enjoy the opportunities to produce art in public spaces, and to explore art as a natural, living part of our daily lives.
Finally, my dream job would have to revolve around creativity-- not only for the students but for myself. I need to continue my own art. I believe teaching is a perfect sidekick, but often I hear teachers losing touch with their passion. I do not want to let that happen to me. I believe the most impressionable teacher is one that possesses a passion for teaching, learning and growing in their art.
Thanks for your posts. I have enjoyed being able to be a small part of your student teaching experiences. Best wishes in all your future endeavors!
ReplyDelete