Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Reflections on Guest Speaker

I found the guest speaker had an overwhelming amount of information-- great information, but a lot. It was wonderful to hear about the mentoring process and the expectations that follow. I was intrigued by the fact that mentoring was far more regulated than thought. It is relieving to know that mentors have a duty to be helpful and supportive. I know the first year will be difficult. A mentor will be greatly appreciated. I have heard about mentors before, but I didn't realize how substantial and assistive the position could be. I do feel though, that along with much of the information we've received this semester, there are details I have forgotten. I was impressed with her presence. She was professional and sincere, and it was evident she has been involved in education for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment