Monday, February 8, 2010

ATC 1

"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" -Mary Oliver
This ATC is made from images I took while studying abroad in Florence, Italy. It was during that semester, I was introduced to the intimate relationships I could form with photography and subjects. The small photos are cutouts from proofs I had made. I constantly write on them, noting tonal values that need to be changed and which areas need to be heightened. The couple in the upper right were standing at the water taxi platform in Venice. I do not know them, but would like to. They have classic sophistication. I can't help but look in awe and wonder... will I look like them someday?
The image in the bottom right was near the entrance to the Duomo (also the image in the background). People were awaiting the grand procession of Easter Sunday. Most of the onlookers were tourists, but the man on the left was alone and seemed to be a native. This proof is an example of how photography can be manipulated, and the process artists make when making the perfect print. This one is no where near perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment