Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I believe a successful teacher is primarily a matter of... this is a difficult thought to complete. There are many attributes that form a successful teacher-- organized, kind, empathetic, confident, consistent... the list goes on and on. To limit it to one matter is nearly impossible, but I will try. Primarily, what I believe a successful teacher contains is the ability to move and grow with the ever-changing world of art (or any other subject). It is incredibly important for teachers to never loose sight of the world around us. Daily advances are being made with technology and society that affect the kind of art being made. Art changes with the people, and as an art teacher, I believe it is crucial to acknowledge current art and how it may affect our students.

Just as it is important to implement new and current art, introducing old and ageless art is as well. A successful teacher in my eyes is an educator of not only one subject, but a teacher who acknowledges that different subjects can intertwine and improve together. Essentially, the successful teacher I so ineloquently described is a completely well-rounded person. Someone who exhibits good character while staying educated about the current surrounding world.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I appreciate the idea of life-long learning being an important attribute for teachers. Also, the concept of a teacher who is not just well versed in their own content knowledge, but others as well is great!

    ReplyDelete